Don’t let menopause ruin your Holiday glow…
For all women, menopause is an incredibly complicated process. When your hormones change, your body starts changing: hot flashes, night sweats, dryness, mood swings, hair growth, hair loss, acne, insomnia, and more. But did you know that menopause significantly effects your skin?
The reason that menopause effects the skin is because women need estrogen to stimulate skin-smoothing collagen and oils. When menopause approaches, estrogen levels decrease, resulting in dryness and sagging of the skin, acne, and fine lines and wrinkles. Plus, with testosterone no longer masked in the women's body, some women may develop unwanted hair growth, particularly facial hair.
Tips for Better Skin During and After Menopause:
- Hydrate & Protect - Make applying moisturizer and SPF 30+ sunscreen your daily routine
- Eat your Antioxidants - Eating foods with antioxidants can make the collagen in your skin stronger
- Stock up on Soy - Soy is rich in isoflavones, plant-based compounds that act like estrogen in your body, This can help with hot flashes and night sweats
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation - You are now more prone to sun damage. If you are noticing sun spots or age spots, a solution at Ideal Skin MedSpa is the non-invasive skin treatments IPL and SkinPen which can provide a clearer and more youthful complexion with no downtime
- Laser Hair Removal - Whether it's unwanted hair on your chin, upper lip, legs, or where ever, laser hair removal at Ideal Skin can relieve the embarrassment and build back your confidence with smooth, silky skin.
- Botox & Dermal Fillers - If you are noticing more fine lines and wrinkles, Botox and Dermal Fillers are temporary solutions that can restore and correct facial aging. Schedule a free consultation to learn how you can have a “Liquid Facelift” in an hour!
- Maintain Your Youthful Glow - Chemical Peels, Dermaplane and Microderms are great solutions to keeping your skin looking and feeling its best.
Don't let Menopause control you. Stay in control of your body and be proactive.
Contact an Ideal Skin Consultant today to learn more about how to keep your youthful glow for the Holidays!